Calories in serving120
Delicious bean thread noodles soup with pork and fried pork skin is Khmer ethnic food. Back home, on Cambodian New Year Eve, Khmer cooks bean thread noodle soup with pork for food offerings because of tradition believe that pork is symbol of wealth, and bean thread noodles is symbol of harmony. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Bean Thread Noodles Soup with Pork with me.
Note: Do not mistaken fried pork skins for fish maws. Fried pork skins are large, feather light ,thin, crispy sheet while fish maws are small tubes size of little finger. To learn more Cambodian recipes Please visit: Cambodian Cooking
|Package bean thread noodle||½|
|Large sheet fried pork skins (approx 1/2 oz)||1|
|Chicken bones||0.45 kg|
|Pork meat, sliced thin||0.25 kg|
|Yellow onion, sliced||1|
|Carrot, peeled and sliced||1|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
|handful of fresh cilantro, chopped||A|
Directions to make Bean Thread Noodles Soup with Pork
- Soaked bean thread noodles and fried pork skin with warm water in separated bowls till it soften.
- Drained bean thread noodles and cut length in half, set a side.
- Drained fried pork skin and cut in to chunks bite sizes, set a side.
- Put chicken bones and water in a soup pot and cook till the chicken meat tender, removed chicken bones from soup pot.
- Add pork meat, yellow onion, carrot and fried pork skins, and cook till meat tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add bean thread noodles in to boiling soup, stirs well.
- Top with green onion and cilantro before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Note: If soup thicken diluted with more chicken broth or water.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking