Calories in serving100
Curry beef with mango, eggplant, potato and coconut sauce is one of many delicious recipes from Khmer Krom in *Preah Traping* Tra-Vinh province. My dad’s grand uncle who was an excellent cook told my dad that back in the old time, they made this soup with water buffalo meat, and the mango was added to tenderize tough water buffalo meat. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Beef Curry with Mango with me.
|Beef chuck or beef stew, cut chunks bite sizes||0.7 kg|
|Tablespoon soy sauce||1|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Tablespoons curry powder||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cloves garlic, minced||3|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||¼|
|Kaffir lime leaf||2|
|Cup coconut milk||1|
|Large white potatoes,peeled and cut chunks||2|
|Asian eggplant,peeled and sliced thin||2|
|green or ripe mango peeled, seeded and sliced chunks||2|
Directions to make Beef Curry with Mango
- In a large bowl, put beef with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, paprika, curry powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set it a side.
- Pre-heat a soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and lemon grass. stirs well.
- Put marinated beef, kaffir lime leaf, coconut milk and water, stirs well, simmering till meat tender.
- Add potato and eggplant, cook till potato tender.
- Add mango, cook till soup bubbling.
- Serve hot with rice, noodles or with hot bread.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer and Cambodia Food, Khmer recipe , Asian recipes, Cambodian Cooking