Calories in serving110
Cambodians slather freshly cooked corn with a sweet & salty sauce, eating it as a street food, not at home or as part of a meal. Cambodian special grilled corn is usually use charcoal to make it tasty and good. It is a popular in Asian recipe, especially in Cambodia.
“This is really different from the usual corn on the cob and is great if you are grilling Asian marinated meats. Spicy! Can be grilled outdoors or cooked indoors on the stovetop.”
|ears corn, husks and silk removed||6|
|tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|tablespoons sugar||1 1⁄2|
|green onions, white parts only, thinly sliced||2|
|vegetable oil, for brushing||A few|
Directions to make Cambodian Special Grilled Corn
- Prepare charcoal grill (barbecue corn)or preheat an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Very lightly brush the corn with oil and set on the grill rack or in the skillet.
- Cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until the kernels are tender and nicely charred, 12-15 minutes total; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the fish sauce, water, sugar and salt until it is dissolved.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Carefully pour liquid mixture in (it may sputter a bit so watch out); add the green onions and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 30 seconds; remove from heat and cool.
- Brush cooked corn with the sauce and serve.
Enjoy street food with me
Related: Special Chicken Recipe
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Food, Cambodian roasted corn, Asian Recipe