Calories in serving120
Asian ancient fruit pineapple also known as thousand eyes fruit. Pineapple taste great either fresh or cooked. During the Khmer Empire, the King offered pineapple to diplomats from other countries, symbolized for friendship and harmony. Today, many people decorated their homes with pineapple for good luck. In Vietnam, beside banana, pineapple is one of the most popular fruits that we uses for food offering during religious ceremonies. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Vietnamese people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Fish Ball with Pineapple Soup with me. To learn more Cambodian recipes Please visit: Cambodian Cooking
|Fresh or frozen grounded fish(sale at most Asian markets)||0.25 kg|
|Stalks green onions,chopped||2|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||½|
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||1|
|Clove garlic, minced||1|
|Fresh pineapple, cut chunks, or 1 large canned of chunks pineapple||½|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|handful of chopped cilantro leaves , and rice paddy herb||A|
|Chopped hot chili pepper(option)||2|
Directions to make Fish Ball with Pineapple Soup
- In a large bowl, mix grounded fish with green onion, fish sauce,sugar, black pepper and ½ tablespoon vegetable oil, mix well. Dips hands in water to prevent sticking and rolls grounded fish in to small ball, when done set a side.
- Pre heat a small sauce pan.
- When sauce pan is hot, add oil and garlic, stirs till garlic turns brown, remove toasted garlic from hot oil and set it a side.
- Put pineapple and water in a large pot, cook till water bubbling.
- Add fish ball in to boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- For clear soup stock removes all bubbles.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with cilantro, rice paddy herb, hot chili pepper and roasted garlic.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Dessert, Asian recipe