Calories in serving120
This is gourmet soup that you’ll find in many wedding banquets. Due to the outrage price of Shark’s fin many people substitute with much affordable Fish maw. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Fish Maw and Crab Soup with me.
FYI: There’s an error from packing product for Hung Loi Trading Co. If you never see what fish maw look like you may buy fried pigskin instead. It was label wrong, the package says Dried Fish Maw but it actually Fried Pigskin. This product made in Viet Nam. Fish maw. is long and circular tube while fried pig skin is come in a sheet.
|oz Fish maw. Soaked in warm water, rinsed and drained. Cut to bite sizes.||8|
|oz Canned cooked lump Crabmeat.||6|
|Immitation crabmeat. (Option).||3|
|Canned chicken broth.||2|
|cup of water.||1|
|Teaspoon grated fresh ginger root.||¼|
|Cup Finely chopped yellow onion.||½|
|stalk green onion.Chopped||1|
|Canned straw mushrooms.||1|
|Cup of frozen mix vegetables.||½|
|Teaspoon oyster sauce.||½|
|Teaspoon sesames oil.||½|
|Table spoon sugar.||1|
|Dash of black pepper.||A|
|Clove garlic. Minced.||1|
|Tablespoon cooking oil.||1|
Directions to make Fish Maw and Crab Soup
- Mix 1 cornstarch with 2 Tablespoon water, set it a side.
- Heat up the soup pot, when it hot add cooking oil.
- Immediately, add garlic, yellow onion, ginger and fish mau. Stirs till onion brown.( Do not let it burn).
- Pour chicken broth in to the soup pot. Let it cook in medium heat until fish maw tender.
- Add mix vegetables ,and straw mushroom. Simmering until the vegetables tender.
- Drops beaten eggs, a little at a time in to the soup. Stirs.
- Pour in cornstarch water. Stirs.
- Add cooked crabmeat and immitation crabmeat. Stirs.
- Seasoning with sugar, salt and oyster sauce.
- Sprinkles with chopped green onion and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking