Calories in serving110
Special grilled stuffed chicken wings is a very well respected Cambodian appetizer and traditional dish due to the art of de-boning the chicken. Its authentic marinade and preparation are uniquely Khmer. A bite that will make you drool for the next!. It is popular Asian recipe, especially in Cambodia which prefer this kind of cooking food.
|chicken drumsticks or wings||10|
|pork or chicken mince||250 kg|
|cup bean thread noodle soaked in warm water and chopped||1½|
|cup fresh or frozen lemongrass minced||1|
|slices fresh galangal root chopped finely||4|
|garlic cloves chopped finely||6|
|chili peppers chopped||3|
|small brown onion diced||1|
|teaspoon Kampot black pepper||1|
|teaspoon brown sugar||1|
|teaspoon fish sauce||1|
|teaspoon soy sauce||1|
Directions to make Special Grilled Stuffed Chicken Wings
- Using a small and very sharp paring knife cut around the chicken bone. Ease the flesh away from the bone and push the skin and flesh down to expose the bone. Carefully twist each bone out to break it. Continue for the remaining chicken drumsticks/wings.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound to a paste: garlic, lemongrass, galangal and chili.
- Preheat BBQ or grill.
- Add to a large mixing bowl, the freshly made paste, minced meat, bean thread noodle, onion, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and mix well.
- Fill each boneless chicken with the mix.
- Finally, grill chicken on medium heat until meat become good cooked.
- Serve hot with Cambodian pickle.
- Can freeze stuffed chicken for up to 1 week.
- It can bake in oven.
Enjoy Special grilled stuffed chicken wings with me
Related: Khmer Red Chicken Curry
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Dessert, Asian recipe