Calories in serving120
Mouth watering sweet, sour, spicy shrimp soup is Khmer country. When you make this soup, it is important that you taste the soup and seasoning to your liking. Sweeter add more sugar, and sourer add more tamarind powder. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Sweet Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup with me. To learn more Cambodian recipes Please visit: Cambodian Cooking
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||1|
|Cloves garlic, minced||2|
|Cup chunk fresh pineapple or 1 8 oz canned chunks of pineapple||1|
|Tablespoon Knorr tamarind powder||½|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Large shrimp, peeled and de-veined||0.25 kg|
|stalks Asian rhubarb, peeled and sliced||2|
|Small tomato, sliced||1|
|Cups bean sprout||2|
|Stalk green onion, chopped||1|
|handful chopped rice paddy herb and sweet basil leaves||A|
|Chopped hot chili pepper(option)||2|
Directions to make Sweet Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup
- Heat up a small saucepan on another burner, when it hot add oil and garlic, sauté garlic till it light brown color, when done, set a side.
- Put water and pineapple in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Seasoning soup stock with tamarind soup base powder, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add shrimp and Asian rhubarb to soup stock, stirs well, cook till soup bubbling.
- Add tomato and bean sprouts, stirs well.
- Top with green onion, rice paddy herb, sweet basil leaves and chili pepper.
- Pour garlic oil into soup pot.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodian Cooking