Calories in serving120
Sweet, sour and spicy soup with water spinach and fish is Vietnamese country food. This delicious recipe is very easy. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Vietnamese people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. To learn more Cambodian recipes Please visit: Cambodian Cooking
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cloves garlic, chopped||2|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||¼|
|Whole Asian catfish or Basa, approx 0.90 kg, clean and cut chunks||1|
|water spinach, cut about 2 or 3 inches in length, washed and drained||0.75 kg|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Tablespoon sugar||0.75 kg|
|Tablespoon tamarind powder||1|
|Cup chopped mix herbs( rice paddy herb, saw leaves , and sweet basil leaves)||0.25 kg|
|Chopped hot chili pepper||3|
Directions to make Sweet Sour Water Spinach Soup with Fish
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, saute’ garlic till it turns brown but not burn, removed toasted garlic and set it a side.
- Add lemon grass in soup pot with hot oil, stirs well, add water and cook till water bubbling.
- Add fish in to boiling water, cook till fish tender then add water spinach, stirs.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and tamarind powder, stirs well.
- Top with chopped mix herbs, chili pepper and toasted garlic.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food Cooking, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes