Calories in serving110
Back home, white asparagus with crab meat soup is usually reserved for wedding banquet or very special occasions. Authentic Khmer recipe for this soup cooked with kdam-sre (rice- field crab). Back in the old time, our ancestors used to pounds the tiny crabs till it liquefies for this soup. I’ve tried that technique once for my dad without using the aid of electrical applicant. It took a lot of time, but it was the best white asparagus soup I’ve ever tasted. However, I prefer this recipe because it very easy to make and it’s also taste good. If you can’t eat shellfish substitute crab meat with boiled, chopped chicken breast. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make White Asparagus with Crab Meat Soup with me. To learn more Cambodian recipes Please visit: Cambodian Cooking
|Cloves garlic, minced||2|
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||1|
|Canned or 4 cups Swanson Chicken-broth or any brand||2|
|Small yellow onions, minced||1|
|large canned white asparagus||1|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Teaspoon black pepper 1 Canned (6 oz) Bumble Bee Fancy white crab meat or 6 oz fresh lump crabmeat.(When I can’t find fresh lump crabmeat. I prefer Bumble Bee brand, because crabmeat has very little odor and higher quality meat)||¼|
|oz Imitation crab meat (option)||6|
|beaten egg (option)||1|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||3|
|Cup chopped cilantro||½|
Directions to make White Asparagus with Crab Meat Soup
- Heat up a small saucepan. Add oil and garlic when it hot. Sauté garlic till light brown. Set a side.
- Put yellow onion and chicken broth in a soup pot and cook in medium temperature.
- While soup stock cooking, open jar of white asparagus, pour liquid in to a small bowl. Add cornstarch with liquid and mix well. Set a side.
- Removes asparagus stems from jar and put it in a plate. Shredded asparagus stems to long,thin strips.
- Add white asparagus in to boiling soup stock.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Pour cornstarch liquid in to boiling soup stock with one hand, and other hand to stirs soup well.
- Add crabmeat, imitation crabmeat and garlic oil. Stirs well.
- Pour beaten egg in to boiling soup and stir well.
- Top with green onion and cilantro before serve.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking