Asian Pork Meatballs Recipe
These Asian Pork Meatballs Recipe are my favorite meatball to make. They are different and delicious and also really versatile in how they can be eaten, especially can eat as appetizers for a party.
|1 lb (900 gram) of ground pork|
|1 ½ teaspoon of salt|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoon of corn flour (not corn meal or corn starch)|
|1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder|
|1/2 cup of cold water (divide)|
Directions to make Asian Pork Meatballs Recipe
- In a food processor blend the pork until sticky, add about ¼ cup of cold water in it and continue to blend until sticky and smooth ( if the meat is not smooth and sticky the meatball will not have a good texture) be sure to blend it as long and smooth as you can.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl stir well with the rest of the water
Then pour the mixing ingredients into the food processor little by little, continue to blend until the meat is smooth.
- The longer you blend the better the texture of the meatball. I didn’t do mine long enough so you can see the texture is not smooth.
- On the stove top, heat a big pot of hot water (not boiling) drop a teaspoon of meat mixture into the hot water cook until the meat balls float to the top then spoon them to the big bowl of ice cold water (you don’t want to cook the meat all the way because you can cook it later in the soup)
- Then wash pork balls in warm water and drain (these process keep the meat ball tender)
- The best way to make a meatball round is to hold the pork mixture in one hand (wear glove it help to smooth the meat ball) and squeeze the mixture until a ball is come up to the size you like then use a spoon in another hand to cut it and put the ball in hot water.
- Freeze the meat ball for later use for noodle soup, spaghetti, or appetizers like sweet and sour meatball ect…
Have fun making them
Related Recipe: Special Asian Beef Salad
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 389
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Cholesterol 166mg 55%
Total Fat 11g 14%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 60g 120%
Sodium 2574mg 112%
Sugars 3g 6%
Share & Print
← Previous Special Asian Beef Salad