Cambodian Banana Tapioca Pudding Recipe
Cambodian Banana Tapioca Pudding Recipe is Khmer dessert and it is easy to make, some banana will turn black if you don’t boil it first, I use the regular banana from the grocery store. It is best to use white small tapioca but I only have the green tapioca. The pudding will be thickened when it is cold, make sure you put enough water as in the recipe.
|5 firm bananas peel cut in half or in third then sliced length wide.|
|1 can of coconut cream (400 ml)|
|1 can of water from the coconut can (400 ml)|
|1/4 cup of tapioca soaked in water for 30 minutes wash drain set aside|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|2/3 to 3/4 cup of sugar (adjust the sweet according to your taste)|
|2 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds for garnish when serve|
Directions to make Cambodian Banana Tapioca Pudding Recipe
- Soak tapioca for 30 minutes or it won’t cook all the way.
- In a medium pot bring coconut cream, water, salt and sugar to a boil
- Then add tapioca, bananas to the coconut sauce cook until the banana is soft and tapioca is done
- About 5 minutes, taste and adjust the sweet.
- Turn the heat off let cool
- This kind of dessert is best to serve warm, but some like it cold
- Sprinkle sesame seeds before serve
Serve as dessert.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Deep Fried Coconut Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1096
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 161g 59%
Total Fat 55g 71%
Saturated Fat 47g 235%
Dietary Fiber 11g 39%
Protein 9g 18%
Sodium 327mg 14%
Sugars 107g 214%
Share & Print
← Previous Deep Fried Coconut Chicken Recipe