Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup: A Flavorful Homestyle Dish
Indulge in the delectable flavors of Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup, a delightful and authentic dish that effortlessly combines fish, ground pork, and shrimp. This homestyle recipe provides a taste of Cambodia in the comfort of your own kitchen, offering a tantalizing blend of textures and tastes.
Ingredients for Culinary Harmony
The ingredients list is a symphony of flavors, including water, rice vermicelli noodles, catfish fillet, shredded preserved cabbage, vegetable oil, garlic, yellow onion, ground pork, shrimp, fish sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper, green onion, bean sprouts, cucumber, fresh mint leaves, hot chili peppers (optional), and lime or lemon slices. This medley of elements ensures a rich and satisfying experience for seafood and noodle enthusiasts alike.
Crafting the Culinary Symphony
The cooking process begins by boiling water and cooking rice vermicelli noodles until tender. After draining and rinsing the noodles, set them aside. Boil water in a large soup pot and cook catfish fillet until tender. Once cooked, break the fish into small chunks using a fork and set aside. In a separate skillet, sauté garlic, yellow onion, and ground pork, seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Add shrimp and stir until they turn a darker pink color. Transfer this flavorful meat mixture into the soup stock with preserved cabbage, keeping it simmering on low heat.
Bringing It All Together and Serving
Create a refreshing mix of bean sprouts, cucumber, and chopped mint leaves. To serve, place a portion of this vegetable mixture in a bowl, add the cooked noodles, and pour the hot soup over the top. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped green onions. This soul-warming dish can be served hot, accompanied by optional hot chili peppers and slices of lime or lemon. Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup not only satisfies the taste buds but also brings the heartwarming essence of Cambodian home cooking to your table.
|8 cups of water|
|1 package of rice vermicelli noodles|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of catfish fillet|
|1 tablespoon of shredded preserved cabbage|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 large yellow onion, sliced|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of grounded pork|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled ,de-veined and grounded|
|3 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|2 tablespoons of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black peppers|
|5 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of bean sprouts, washed well and drained|
|1 cucumber, peeled and julienne|
|A handful fresh mint leaves, chopped|
|3 chopped hot chili peppers (option)|
|1 lime or lemon, sliced|
Directions to make Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed under cold water and set a side to drained.
- Boil 6 cups water in a large soup pot.
- When water boiled add fish and cook till fish tender, removed cooked fish from soup stock and put it in a bowl.
- Using a fork to break up fish filet in to small chunks, when done set a side.
- Add preserved cabbage in the soup stock, keep soup stock simmering in low heat.
- Heat up a small skillet.
- When skillet hot, add oil, saute’ garlic, yellow onion and grounded pork, stirs well.
- Seasoning meat with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- When meat cooked add shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color, put stir-fry meat and shrimp in soup stock, simmering till soup boiling, add cooked fish, stirs well, keep soup simmering on stove before serve.
- In a large bowl, mix bean sprouts, cucumber and mint leaves together, and set a side.
Put some mixed vegetables in a bowl, add cooked noodle on top, pour hot soup over and top with chopped green onion. Serve hot along with chili pepper and slice of lime.
Related Recipe: Vegetarian Sour and Spicy Soup
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 463