Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
Delicious authentic Cambodian seafood noodles soup with fish, grounded pork and shrimp. It is easy to cook at home.
|8 cups of water|
|1 package of rice vermicelli noodles|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of catfish fillet|
|1 tablespoon of shredded preserved cabbage|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 large yellow onion, sliced|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of grounded pork|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled ,de-veined and grounded|
|3 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|2 tablespoons of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black peppers|
|5 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of bean sprouts, washed well and drained|
|1 cucumber, peeled and julienne|
|A handful fresh mint leaves, chopped|
|3 chopped hot chili peppers (option)|
|1 lime or lemon, sliced|
Directions to make Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed under cold water and set a side to drained.
- Boil 6 cups water in a large soup pot.
- When water boiled add fish and cook till fish tender, removed cooked fish from soup stock and put it in a bowl.
- Using a fork to break up fish filet in to small chunks, when done set a side.
- Add preserved cabbage in the soup stock, keep soup stock simmering in low heat.
- Heat up a small skillet.
- When skillet hot, add oil, saute’ garlic, yellow onion and grounded pork, stirs well.
- Seasoning meat with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- When meat cooked add shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color, put stir-fry meat and shrimp in soup stock, simmering till soup boiling, add cooked fish, stirs well, keep soup simmering on stove before serve.
- In a large bowl, mix bean sprouts, cucumber and mint leaves together, and set a side.
Put some mixed vegetables in a bowl, add cooked noodle on top, pour hot soup over and top with chopped green onion. Serve hot along with chili pepper and slice of lime.
Related Recipe: Vegetarian Sour and Spicy Soup
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 463
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 53g 19%
Cholesterol 162mg 54%
Total Fat 14g 18%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Dietary Fiber 8g 29%
Protein 37g 74%
Sodium 1569mg 68%
Sugars 21g 42%
Share & Print
← Previous Vegetarian Sour and Spicy Soup
Next → Special Traditional Pad Thai