Coconut Pumpkin Taro Dessert Recipe
Coconut Pumpkin Taro Dessert Recipe is very common in Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. Asian people love using pumpkins in their desserts and this is a great example with pumpkin stewed in coconut milk.
|2 ½ cups of Japanese Pumpkin cut to bite size (you need pumpkin that is sticky to make this dessert)|
|2 ½ cups of Taro roots cut to bite size (wash) if you don’t have taro use potato|
|1 can of coconut cream or coconut milk|
|2 cup of water|
|1/4 tablespoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup of white sugar|
|1/2 cup of brown sugar|
Directions to make Coconut Pumpkin Taro Dessert Recipe
- In a medium pot boil coconut milk and water with salt
- When the water is boiling add taro and pumpkin, cook until the pumpkin and taro is tender
- Then add sugar, and vanilla extract
- Cook until all the pumpkin and taro is done turn the heat off
- Serve warm or cool.
- Sometime I save a bit of coconut cream to add on top before serving if you do that you have to
serve it warm not cold.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Bitter Melon soup with Pork Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 837
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 145g 53%
Total Fat 30g 38%
Saturated Fat 26g 130%
Dietary Fiber 15g 54%
Protein 7g 14%
Sodium 936mg 41%
Sugars 101g 202%
Share & Print
← Previous Bitter Melon soup with Pork Recipe