Dried Salmon with Preserved Radish
The Dried Salmon with Preserved Radish recipe closely resembles the Trey Ngeat Phat dish, offering a simple and easily prepared option that pairs excellently with Khmer soup rice, known as “bor bor”. This recipe delivers a delightful combination of flavors and textures, making it a popular choice for those seeking a savory dish with a touch of sweetness.
To create this dish, salmon is first baked or grilled to perfection, then broken down and minced into tiny pieces. This process ensures that all excess moisture is removed, leaving behind flaky, dried salmon that forms the heart of the recipe. The salmon is then set aside while other aromatic ingredients are prepared.
In a non-stick frying pan, the dried salmon is further cooked with a small amount of oil to enhance its flavor and texture. Meanwhile, minced garlic, green onion, shallots, and preserved radish are stir-fried until they attain a golden brown hue, infusing the dish with a rich depth of flavor. It’s important to monitor the heat to prevent burning.
Once the vegetables are perfectly sautéed, the dried salmon is reintroduced to the pan, creating a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. The dish is seasoned with a combination of sugar, salt, and optional MSG to suit individual taste preferences. A touch of sweetness is recommended for this recipe. After cooking, the dish is allowed to cool before being stored in a container in the refrigerator. This allows the flavors to further develop, making it an ideal accompaniment to bor bor, or a flavorful addition to other meals. Enjoy the Dried Salmon with Preserved Radish for a taste of Cambodian cuisine with a hint of sweetness and a burst of savory flavors!
|2 cups of salmon flake bake, or grill, break and minced to tiny pieces|
|3 cloves of minced garlic|
|1/2 cup of minced green onion|
|1/3 cup of minced shallots|
|1/2 cup of preserved radish cut to tiny pieces|
|Sugar, salt, and msg to your taste|
|1/4 cup of vegetables oil to fry all the ingredients|
|3 tablespoon of oil to fry the fish|
Directions to make Dried Salmon with Preserved Radish
- In a none stick fry pan fry the salmon flake with 3 T of oil until it is dried (make sure all the moisture is gone from the fish) take it out and set aside.
- In the same fry pan heat 1/4 cup of oil until hot (on medium heat)
- Then add minced garlic, green onion, shallots, and radish stir fry until golden brown, but not burn
- Turn heat to low
- Then add the dried salmon flake to it, mix well add sugar, salt, msg to your taste.
- This recipe is best to make it a bit sweet. Take off the heat and cool it, put it in a container store in the fridge for few weeks to eat with bor bor.
Serve with rice soup
Related Recipe: Easy Bake Rigatoni Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 685