Duck and Preserved Bean Curd Hot Pot
Savory duck with preserved bean curd and taro root is delicious Khmer hot pot. Cambodian people like to cook this of food to serve during family gathering or party.
|1/2 duck or 4 duck legs, cut chunks|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of taro root, peeled and cut bite size cubes|
|1/2 teaspoon of paprika|
|2 cups of fresh young coconut juice, or 1 canned coconut juice|
|4 cups of water|
|1 small jar (4 oz or 113 gram) of hot preserved bean curd, or red color preserved bean curd|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|4 lbs (1800 gram) of water spinach, remove leaves, cut stems to 4 inches in length, washed and drained|
Directions to make Duck and Preserved Bean Curd Hot Pot
- Marinated meat with garlic, soy sauce, paprika and black pepper, set a side.
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion, taro root and duck meat, sauté till meat brown, add coconut juice and water, stirs well.
- Seasoning with preserved bean curd, fish sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Simmering in low heat until taro root and duck meat tender.
Put hot pot in a center of table, take duck with bean curd soup pot put on top. To eat take some Asian water spinach dips it in hot soup stock till softens. Serve with rice or rice noodle and sweet fish sauce.
Related Recipe: Khmer Sea Food Hot Pot
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 990
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 183g 67%
Cholesterol 49mg 16%
Total Fat 16g 21%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Dietary Fiber 37g 132%
Protein 45g 90%
Sodium 2879mg 125%
Sugars 36g 72%
Share & Print
← Previous Khmer Sea Food Hot Pot