Fish ball and Cucumber Soup
Fish ball with cucumber soup is delicious and easy to make at home. All you need fish paste and cucumber which easy to find at local market.
|1 lb (450 gram) of fresh or frozen grounded fish paste (sold at most Asian market)|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|2 stalks of green onions, chopped|
|4 cups of water|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|3 large cucumber, cut in half and sliced|
|A handful of chopped fresh cilantro|
|A dash of black pepper|
For authentic Khmer soup (with pahok)when water boiled add:
|1/4 cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|1/2 tablespoon of creamy style pickle fish (pahok)|
|1 tablespoon of roasted rice powder|
Directions to make Fish ball and Cucumber Soup
- In a large bowl, mix grounded fish paste with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, oil and green onion together, mix well, dips your hand in water to prevent sticking, take some marinated grounded fish rolls in to small ball,when done set a side.
- Cook water in a soup pot till water bubbling, carefully drops fishballs in to boiling water, stirs.
- Seasoning soup with fish sauce, sugar and salt, stirs well.
- Add cucumber and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Top with green onion, cilantro and black pepper.
- Serve hot with rice or with hot crusty bread.
- Note:If you like pahok add lemon grass when you boiled water.
- Add pahok and roasted rice powder when you seasoning soup.
- Add cucumber and cook 5 minutes, top with green onion and black pepper.
Serve with hot rice
Related Recipe: Pumpkin Soup with Fish
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 677
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 60g 22%
Cholesterol 77mg 26%
Total Fat 35g 45%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
Protein 37g 74%
Sodium 3203mg 139%
Sugars 12g 24%