German Pork Chop and Sauerkraut
Boneless pork chop with pickle cabbage “sauerkraut” is delicious food from Germany. Let’s learn to make German Pork Chop and Sauerkraut with me.
|4 pieces of boneless pork chop|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 package of sauerkraut (450 gram)|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 large yellow onion, sliced|
|1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of light brown sugar|
Directions to make German Pork Chop and Sauerkraut
- Seasoning pork chop with garlic, salt and black pepper, set a side.
- Rinses sauerkraut under cold water, squeezes all liquid out and set it a side.
- Pre heat a skillet or wok.
- When skillet is hot, add oil and marinated pork chop, pan-fried pork chop in low heat till meat tender.
- Removed pork chop from skillet, put on a plate and set a side.
- Using same skillet, add onion and sauerkraut, stirs, add Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar, stirs well till sauerkraut hot. Put sauerkraut on a large plate and top with fried pork chop before serve.
Serve hot with mashed potato or with German hot potato salad.
Related Recipe: German Hot Potato Salad
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 588