Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe
Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe is super easy and a delicious fragrant rice dish. This recipe made with Basmati rice cooked in coconut milk, lemongrass and turmeric which giving it a golden yellow color.
|2 cups of basmati rice|
|1.5 cup of Ayam brand coconut milk|
|1.5 cup of water|
|1 tablespoon of turmeric powder|
|2 pandan leaves, knotted|
|1 stalk of lemon grass, bruised|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 teaspoon of salt|
Directions to make Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe
- Rinse basmati rice several times till water runs clear. Drain well in a colander.
- Place grains, coconut milk, water and spices into the rice cooker.
- Select ‘white rice’ function and cook till rice is done.
- Remove pandan leaves, lemongrass and bay leaves.
- Fluff up the rice before serving.
Related Recipe: Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1130
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 159g 58%
Total Fat 45g 58%
Saturated Fat 39g 195%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
Protein 18g 36%
Sodium 2385mg 104%
Sugars 3g 6%
Share & Print
← Previous Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken
Next → Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams