Calories in serving120
Tasty seafood hot pot is very popular Khmer holiday food that we serve on special occasions such as wedding, religious holidays, family reunion, Khmer New Year or for that very special guest. Back home, Khmer make fish ball and fried fish cake from scratch for this soup, which taste very delicious. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Khmer Sea Food Hot Pot with me.
|Chicken neck bones||0.50 kg|
|Pork neck bones||0.50 kg|
|lean pork meat||0.25 kg|
|Piece dried squid||1|
|Daikon, approx 0.50 kg||½|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Package frozen fish ball( sold at most Asian markets)||1|
|pork liver||0.15 kg|
|Pieces fried fish cake, sliced thin (fresh or frozen sold at most Asian markets)||1|
|large shrimp, peeled and de-veined||0.50 kg|
|fresh squid tubes. Cleaned, cut crisscross and then cut to bite sizes||0.15 kg|
|Head of cauliflower, cut chunks bite sizes||¼|
|Large Nappa cabbage leaves, chopped ½ inch in length||8|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water, removed stems and cut it in half||6|
|Carrot, peeled and sliced thin||1|
|Stalks Asian celery, cut 2 inches in length||5|
|Sheet fried pork skins ,(about ¼ oz), soaked in warm water and cut to bite sizes||½|
|dozen large dried shrimp, soaked in cold water and drained||A|
|Sliced yellow onion||1|
|Stalks green onion, cut 2 inches in length||5|
Directions to make Khmer Sea Food Hot Pot
- First thing is make the broth for soup.
- In a large pot; cook chicken bones, pork bones, pork meat, dried squid, daikon, whole onion, garlic with 8 cups water for ½ hour. Do not cover with lid and for clear broth be sure removes any bubbles formed on top of soup broth.
- When pork meat tender, removed only pork meat from soup broth and set it a side. Continue to cook soup broth in low heat for another ½ hour.
- Then removed all remaining ingredients from the soup broth (throws away all the bones, dried squid, daikon, onion and garlic).
- Seasoning soup broth with fish sauce, salt, sugar and black pepper, set clear soup broth a side.
- Using another pot, cook 6 cups water till the water bubbling, add frozen fish balls in to boiling water, cook it for 5 to 10 minutes. Removed fish ball from soup pot and set it a side.
- Using the same pot, waited till water bubbling hot again, add liver and cooked it for 3 to 5 minutes. Do not over cook liver. Removed liver from boiling water, let it cool off before cut it to thin sliced and set a side.
- Cut fried fish cake to thin sliced, set it a side.
- Cut cooked pork meat to thin sliced, set it a side.
Enjoy it with me
Related: Duck and Preserved Bean Curd Hotpot
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Dessert, Asian recipe