Khmer Trey Ngeat Phat Recipe
Khmer Trey Ngeat Phat Recipe is made from Trey Ngeat (dried fish), preserved Radish and other ingredients. Cambodians love this recipe and it is high in calories also it is simple and easy to make.
Trey Ngeat Phat is old khmer food that Khmer Elderly and Monk like to eat with bor bor (porridge). It takes few steps to make. You need to have trey ngeat from srok khmer (Cambodia) to do this recipe. Store trey ngeat Phat in the refrigerator for months.
|You will need good Trey Ngeat (I use one whole trey ngeat)|
|6 cloves of minced garlic|
|1/2 cup of minced shallots|
|1 cup of chopped green onion|
|1 cup of minced preserved Radish|
|1/4 cup of olive oil or vegetable oil|
|Sugar adds as desire for sweetness|
|MSG add if you like|
Directions to make Khmer Trey Ngeat Phat Recipe
- Cut trey ngeat to small chuck to fit in the pot
- Boil water and add trey ngeat cook until soft then drain water wash until trey ngeat cool down.
- Break trey ngeat into small pieces then put in food processor or use mortar pestle to smash it to tiny pieces.
- In a fry pan turn the heat to medium then add the fish back, stir fry until it is almost dry then add preserved radish stir fry until golden, but not burn. Take it out set aside.
- In the same fry pan add oil until hot then fry garlic, shallots until golden brown.
- Now add green onion to it stir fry for 1 minute, then add trey ngeat back to fry pan mix it well then add sugar and msg as desire. Turn the heat off let it cool before storing it in the refrigerator.
Serve trey ngeat phat with bor bor (porridge).
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Green Tomato Salad Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 418