Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken
This Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken is a classic Malay dish which chicken is seared & braised in a thick spicy and sweet sauce at the same time.
|850 gram of chicken parts|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 teaspoon of turmeric powder|
|A dash of pepper|
|2 cloves garlic|
|2 red chilli|
|1 red onion, sliced|
|1/2 cup of tomato ketchup|
|1/2 cup of Ayam brand coconut milk|
|1/2 cup of water|
|1/3 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables|
Directions to make Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken
- Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric and pepper for at least 30mins.
- Mill shallots, ginger, garlic and chili.
- Heat wok and put in 1/2 cup oil. Pan fry chicken pieces until the skin turns golden. Dish up.
- Remove some of the oil leaving behind about 2 tablespoon oil.
- Sauté the milled ingredients on medium heat until it looks glossy, put in dry spices and sliced onion and sauté until the onions looks translucent and wilts.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients and chicken into the wok and cook until the gravy reduces and the chicken is cooked through. Dish up and serve.
Related Recipe: Twa Ko – Cambodian Pork Sausage Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1186
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 60g 22%
Cholesterol 378mg 126%
Total Fat 47g 60%
Saturated Fat 22g 110%
Trans Fat -1g
Dietary Fiber 14g 50%
Protein 131g 262%
Sodium 2246mg 98%
Sugars 27g 54%