Spicy Thai minced Pork Larb
Spicy Thai Minced Pork Larb is a flavorful and refreshing dish made with ground pork or ground chicken, Thai Larb seasoning powder, and an array of aromatic ingredients. The combination of ethnic herbs, lime juice, and a hint of spice from crushed chili gives this dish its distinctive tanginess and depth of flavor.
To prepare the dish, ground pork is mixed with water in a fry pan or pot, creating a mixture that is brought to a boil to cook the pork and achieve a softer texture. After draining the water, the meat is returned to low heat and combined with Thai Larb seasoning powder, shallots, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice, chili, bell pepper, and sugar. The mixture is stirred for 2 minutes until the shallots soften, creating a well-infused and aromatic meat blend.
After turning off the heat, the meat mixture is allowed to cool before cilantro and mint are added, providing a burst of fresh flavors. To serve, the flavorful mixture is spooned into lettuce leaves, creating a delicious and light lettuce wrap. The dish can be further enhanced by drizzling it with peanut sauce for added richness.
While traditionally served with sticky rice and fresh crunchy vegetables in Thailand, this recipe presents an easy and delightful alternative by embracing the lettuce wrap style. The Spicy Thai Minced Pork Larb offers a perfect blend of textures and flavors, making it a satisfying and enjoyable option for those seeking a vibrant and authentic Thai culinary experience.
|1 lb of ground pork or ground chicken|
|1 package of Thai Larb seasoning powder|
|2 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 to 2 tablespoon of lime juice|
|1 tablespoon of crush chili or less up to you|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 shallots sliced thin|
|1/2 of red bell pepper slice thin|
|3 kaffir lime leaves sliced very thin|
|1/2 cup of water|
|1/4 cup of chopped cilantro|
|1/4 cup of chopped mints|
|Any kind of lettuce to wrap the meat mixture|
Directions to make Spicy Thai minced Pork Larb
- In fry pan or pot mix ground pork with ½ cup of water break the meat to small pieces and bring to a boil to cook the pork. (The water makes the meat softer). When the meat is done drain the water out.
- Put the meat back on low heat and add Lab seasoning powder, shallots, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice, chili, bell pepper, and sugar
- Stir the mixture for 2 minutes till the shallots are soft. Turn the heat off
- Let the meat mixture cool down a bit before adding cilantro, and mints
- Spoon the mixture into lettuce leaf and serve as lettuce wrap with peanut sauce drizzle over it
Thai serve their Lab with sticky rice and fresh crunchy vegetables, but for me it is just as easy to put in lettuce wrap style.
Thank you and enjoy it
Related Recipe: Grilled Pork Skewers Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 781