Steam Rice Noodle with Egg Recipe
This Steam Rice Noodle with Egg Recipe is not stir fry noodle it is steam with combination of dressing and veggies. Not many region in Cambodia know how to make this recipe because it has too many steps to it and it is came from Battambang nearby Bor Pylen province which many Khmer Thai live there. Good dressing is the main part of this recipe.
|2 packs of fresh Pho noodle|
|1 lb of thinly slice pork|
|2 tablespoon of oyster sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|1 tablespoon of chopped garlic or shallots|
|1 white onion sliced|
|2 tablespoon of oil for stir fry the meat|
For the scallion oil
|4 green onions chopped|
|1/2 cup of olive oil|
|Heat oil in a sauce pan until hot add green chopped green onion|
|Cooked for 1 minutes then turn the heat off let cool.|
For the dressing
|1 can of Coco Rico Soda (12oz) or Boiling Water|
|1/4 cup of Vinegar or lime juice|
|1/2 cup of Fish sauce|
|6 tablespoon of Sugar (less up to you)|
|2 Shallots minced|
|2 Thai chilies minced|
|Mix everything taste and set aside, it is best to do the dressing a day before for flavor.|
|6 hard boil eggs cut to quarter or half, set aside|
For the topping
|Cooked Pork skin thinly slice|
|1/2 cup of dried baby shrimps soak wash and pound to powder set aside|
|1/2 cup of crush roasted peanut|
|Cucumber sliced thin|
|Thai Chili sauce|
|All kind of herbs like Thai Basil, Vietnamese mints, mints, cilantro ect…|
Directions to make Steam Rice Noodle with Egg Recipe
For the meat
- In a hot wok add oil until hot
- Now add garlic or shallot stir fry until brown
- Add pork and stir fry until no longer pink
- Now add onion and oyster sauce, sugar, to it
- Mix them all together and stir fry until the pork is done.
- Let it cool down and set aside,
- 2 packs of fresh Pho noodle soak for 1 hour wash, and color with thick soy sauce or mushroom soy sauce, then steam the noodle in the steamer for 5 minutes until it is soft and cook through.
- Mix with scallion oil right away so the noodle won’t stick when it cool down.
- Set aside.
To serve the noodle
- In a serving plate or a large bowl
- Put the amount of steam noodle you like then top with 1 tablespoon each of stir fry meat, cooked pork skin, crush peanut, dried shrimp, few slice of hard boil eggs, then add bean sprouts, cucumber, and herbs to it, drizzle with dressing and squeeze of lime juice and chili sauce.
Related Recipe: Easy Coconut Egg Custard Pie
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 1231