Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert
Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert, a simple and cherished treat, requires just glutinous rice as its main ingredient. Particularly popular during Lunar New Year and the Lantern Festival, this dessert involves shaping the glutinous rice into dumplings, skewering them on sticks, grilling them, and brushing them with coconut cream. The result is a delightful combination of soft and chewy rice dumplings, immersed in a light ginger syrup.
The ingredients for this dessert include glutinous rice, water, and palm sugar. To begin, the palm sugar is shaved and rolled into small balls. The white dough is formed by combining flour with water gradually. Each small piece of dough is flattened, and a piece of palm sugar is placed in the center before being rolled into a small ball. These dumplings are then boiled in a pot of water until they float to the top. After boiling, they are briefly placed in cold water to cool the palm sugar inside and prevent any burns when consumed.
To enhance the presentation and flavor, the dumplings are garnished with shredded young coconut, toasted sesame seeds, and coconut flakes. The final touch involves serving the Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert as a delightful and traditional dessert option, perfect for celebrating Lunar New Year or simply enjoying on any occasion.
|2 cups of Glutinous Rice|
|1 cup of water|
|2/3 cup of palm sugar (it is best to find sticky one, but if you have one in the block shave it)|
Directions to make Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert
- Shredded young coconut or store bought coconut flake (it is best to use fresh young coconut)
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Start by shaving the palm sugar and roll it to a small ball set aside, finish the remainder.
- In large bowl combine flour with water little by little until it form into white dough
- Take out one small piece roll and flat it in the palm of your hand
- Now take out one piece of palm sugar and put it in the middle of the white dough
- Roll it to a small ball set aside, finish the remainder.
- In a big pot boil enough water so the dumplings can float to the top
- Put few pieces of dumplings at the time and boil them until they float to the top
- Take it out then put them in a bowl of cold water for 2 minute so the palm sugar inside the dumpling will cool down and won’t burn your mouth.
- Take them out and drain the water from the dumplings.
- Put the dumplings on a dessert plate and garnish with young coconut and sesame seeds
- Finally put coconut flakes.
Serve it as dessert
Related Recipe: Thai BBQ Pork Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1383