Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert
Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert is easy to make and all you need glutinous rice. This recipe is commonly enjoyed for Lunar New Year, also known to some as Chinese New Year, and especially for the Lantern festival. with a few ingredients, and put it on a stick, grilled, and brushed with coconut cream.These rice dumplings are soft and chewy and swimming in a light ginger syrup.
|2 cups of Glutinous Rice|
|1 cup of water|
|2/3 cup of palm sugar (it is best to find sticky one, but if you have one in the block shave it)|
Directions to make Sweet Glutinous Rice Dumplings Dessert
- Shredded young coconut or store bought coconut flake (it is best to use fresh young coconut)
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Start by shaving the palm sugar and roll it to a small ball set aside, finish the remainder.
- In large bowl combine flour with water little by little until it form into white dough
- Take out one small piece roll and flat it in the palm of your hand
- Now take out one piece of palm sugar and put it in the middle of the white dough
- Roll it to a small ball set aside, finish the remainder.
- In a big pot boil enough water so the dumplings can float to the top
- Put few pieces of dumplings at the time and boil them until they float to the top
- Take it out then put them in a bowl of cold water for 2 minute so the palm sugar inside the dumpling will cool down and won’t burn your mouth.
- Take them out and drain the water from the dumplings.
- Put the dumplings on a dessert plate and garnish with young coconut and sesame seeds
- Finally put coconut flakes.
Serve it as dessert
Related Recipe: Thai BBQ Pork Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1383