Sweet Sour Water Spinach Soup with Fish
Sweet, sour and spicy soup with water spinach and fish is delicious and easy to make at home. It is believes that it originates from Vietnam.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic, chopped|
|1/4 cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|4 cups of water|
|1 whole Asian catfish or Basa, approx 900 gram, clean and cut chunks|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of water spinach, cut about 2 or 3 inches in length, washed and drained|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 tablespoon of tamarind powder|
|1 cup of chopped mix herbs ( rice paddy herb, saw leaves , and sweet basil leaves)|
|3 chopped hot chili pepper|
Directions to make Sweet Sour Water Spinach Soup with Fish
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, saute’ garlic till it turns brown but not burn, removed toasted garlic and set it a side.
- Add lemon grass in soup pot with hot oil, stirs well, add water and cook till water bubbling.
- Add fish in to boiling water, cook till fish tender then add water spinach, stirs.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and tamarind powder, stirs well.
- Top with chopped mix herbs, chili pepper and toasted garlic.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Fish Ball with Pineapple Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 598