Tapioca Smoothie or Bubble Tea Recipe
Tapioca Smoothie or Bubble Tea is a highly popular beverage in Asia, and this recipe offers a unique twist by creating a smoothie without using traditional tea. The tapioca pearls, available in various colors, can even be prepared with flavored milk like chocolate or strawberry for added variety.
To begin, the tapioca pearls are cooked, which requires some time and attention. They are boiled in water for about 30 minutes, then left covered to steam for an additional 30 minutes, ensuring they are fully cooked. For the best results, they can be boiled longer until they turn clear with no white center. Once cooked, they are rinsed under cold water to separate them and set aside.
For the bubble tea version, a portion of the cooked tapioca pearls is placed in a tall glass. Then, a mixture of milk (or soy milk), black tea, and sweeteners is poured into the glass, along with some ice. This creates a refreshing and satisfying beverage with the chewy texture of tapioca pearls.
Alternatively, the recipe also offers a delicious banana smoothie version. This involves blending bananas, milk, frozen orange juice concentrate, malted milk powder, and sweeteners until smooth. The resulting creamy mixture is then poured into a tall glass containing cooked tapioca pearls and served cold.
In summary, Tapioca Smoothie or Bubble Tea is a popular and versatile beverage with a unique texture and flavor. This recipe provides options for both bubble tea and a delightful banana smoothie, allowing you to enjoy this refreshing drink in different ways. Whether you prefer the chewiness of tapioca pearls or the creaminess of a smoothie, this recipe offers a delightful experience for your taste buds.
For the bubble tea recipe
|1 cup of tapioca pearl|
|1/2 cup of cooked any color tapioca pearl|
|1 cup of milk or soy milk|
|1 cup of black tea|
|Some sweeteners like sugar|
Directions to make Tapioca Smoothie or Bubble Tea Recipe
- Tapioca takes a long time to cook, in a medium pot boil 5 cups of water and add 1 cup of Tapioca to boiling water.
- Boil tapioca on medium heat for 30 minutes then turn the heat off and cover while it is hot steaming for another 30 minutes so the tapioca will cook all the way.
- You can boil Tapioca longer than 30 minutes until the tapioca turn clear and no white inside (this is the best way) if the water is evaporated do add more water to it. When it is done drian cooked tapioca under cold running water rinse and set aside.
- Take the amount you need keep the rest in the fridge for later use (don’t keep it too long or else it will stick together like jelly, if it sticks together rinse it again under cold running water then it will separate)
- To make the tea put the tapioca in the tall glass set aside
- In a separate bowl or glass mix the rest of the milk and tea with some sweeteners then poor into the tapioca glass with some ice in it.
For the smoothies recipe
|1 cup of milk|
|5 tablespoon of frozen orange juice concentrate|
|3 tablespoon of malted milk powder|
|Crush ice (add later when serve) or ice cube|
|Sweeteners 1 to 2 package up to you|
|1/3 to 1/2 cup of cooked tapioca pearl put in a tall glass.|
Directions to make Banana smoothie
- In a blender mix bananas, milk, frozen orange, powder milk, sweetener until smooth
- Pour into tapioca glass add crush ice serve cold
- Mix everything in the blender until smooth pour into tapioca glass serve cold
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Homemade Salty Eggs Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1273