Teriyaki Chicken with Coconut Roasted Corn
Teriyaki Chicken with Coconut Roasted Corn is a flavorful dish featuring crispy skinless chicken stir-fried in a delectable teriyaki sauce. The recipe takes a traditional Japanese Teriyaki Chicken and adds a twist by incorporating garlic for an addictive flavor profile. The ingredients include chicken breast or thigh, cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, minced garlic, ground ginger, and ground black pepper. The cornstarch is mixed with water to form a thickening agent for the teriyaki sauce.
To prepare the teriyaki sauce, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black pepper are heated in a small pan until boiling, then the cornstarch mixture is added to thicken the sauce. After cooling, the sauce is used to marinate the chicken for at least three hours, allowing the flavors to infuse. The chicken can be baked, but grilling is recommended for a richer flavor. Additional sauce can be reserved to brush onto the chicken during the cooking process.
The coconut roasted corn is prepared by grilling corn until nearly done, then brushing it with a mixture of coconut milk, salt, sugar, and chopped green onion. This combination adds a delightful twist to the traditional roasted corn. The dish is baked in a 400-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. It’s advised to line the baking pan with foil to prevent the sticky teriyaki sauce from adhering. Extra sauce can be made for dipping the chicken or drizzling over rice, enhancing the overall dining experience. This recipe provides a unique and flavorful take on Teriyaki Chicken, with the addition of coconut roasted corn for a delightful side dish.
|1 lb of chicken breast or thigh (dark meat taste better for teriyaki)
|1 tablespoon of cornstarch
|3 tablespoon of cold water
|1/2 cup of sugar (if you like it sweet use 2/3 cup of sugar)
|1/2 cup of soy sauce
|2 tablespoon of cider vinegar
|1 teaspoon of minced garlic
|½ teaspoon of ground ginger or 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger
|¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
|Mix cornstarch with water and set aside.
BBQ Coconut corn
|you grill corn till it is almost done then brush the corn with
|1/4 cup of coconut milk
|Dash of salt
|1/2 teaspoon of sugar
|1 stalk of chop green onion
|mix all the ingredients together in a bowl then brush on the grill corn.
Directions to make Teriyaki Chicken with Coconut Roasted Corn
- In a small pan over medium heat mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and ground black pepper to a boil for one minute then add cornstarch mixture to sauce stirring until the sauce is thicken turn the heat off and let the sauce cool.
- Marinate the chicken for 3 hours or longer for good flavor.
- You can bake your chicken, but it is better to grill it. Make sure you save some sauce to brush on the chicken when it is almost done.
- Bake at 400 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes depend on how big your chicken piece. Make sure to line up your baking pan with foil because teriyaki is very sticky. You can use this sauce on salmon bake it is real good.
- Make extra sauce to dip your chicken with or pour on rice.
Related Recipe: Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 503