Thai Tom Yum Soup
Thai Tom Yum Soup is a highly popular Thai soup known for its intense and aromatic flavors , it is spicy and sour. This is a quick and easy soup to make at home for every housewife.
|10 big raw shrimps or prawn|
|1 can of chicken broth (28oz) + 1 cup of water|
|1 can of straw mushroom (you can use fresh mushroom)|
|1 tomato cut to bite size|
|1 stalk of lemongrass (smash with the back of a knife cut into 2 pieces)|
|3 kaffir lime leaves torn to pieces|
|3 Thai bird eye chilies cut to small pieces|
|1 fresh lime juice (add to bowl if needed)|
|2 tablespoon of tom yum paste|
|3 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/4 cup of evaporated milk|
|3 cloves of garlics or shallots (smash with the back of a knife)|
|3 saw leaves and cilantro for garnish|
Directions to make Thai Tom Yum Soup
- In a medium pot add chicken broth, water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic boil on medium heat for 3 minutes to release the aroma of lemongrass and lime leave.
- Then add mushroom, tomato and chilies, bring it to a boil again
- Add Tom Yum soup paste to the pot, add 3 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1/4 cup of evaporated milk to the soup
- then add shrimp let it boil again until shrimp turn pink
- Now turn the heat off add saw leaves and cilantro for garnish, taste and adjust the soup the way you like it, if need more sour add lime juice.
This soup should be spicy, sour, and salty, saw leaves is importance in this soup it give the real flavor of Tom Yum soup.
Serve with hot rice
Related Recipe: Cambodian Grilled Beef With Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 342