Beef Curry with Mango
Curry beef with mango, eggplant, potato and coconut sauce is one of many delicious recipes from Khmer Krom. My dad’s grand uncle who was an excellent cook told my dad that back in the old time, they made this soup with water buffalo meat, and the mango was added to tenderize tough water buffalo meat.
|1-1/2 lbs (675 gram) of Beef chuck or beef stew, cut chunks bite sizes|
|1 Tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 Tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 Tablespoon of sugar|
|1 Teaspoon of paprika|
|2 Tablespoons of curry powder|
|1 Teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 Cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Yellow onion, sliced|
|1/4 Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|2 Kaffir lime leaf|
|1 Cup of coconut milk|
|4 Cups of water|
|2 Large white potatoes, peeled and cut chunks|
|2 Asian eggplant, peeled and sliced thin|
|2 green or ripe mango peeled, seeded and sliced chunks|
Directions to make Beef Curry with Mango
- In a large bowl, put beef with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, paprika, curry powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set it a side.
- Pre-heat a soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and lemon grass. stirs well.
- Put marinated beef, kaffir lime leaf, coconut milk and water, stirs well, simmering till meat tender.
- Add potato and eggplant, cook till potato tender.
- Add mango, cook till soup bubbling.
Serve hot with rice, noodles or with hot bread.
Related Recipe: Curry Beef Tripe Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1207