Cambodian Glutinous Rice with Egg Custard
This Cambodian Glutinous Rice with Egg Custard is another easy to make sweet Cambodian dessert that consists of a steamed egg custard served with sweet coconut glutinous rice.
|3 cups of glutinous rice|
|3/4 cup of coconut milk|
|3/4 cup of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|3 pendant leaves steam|
|or 1 teaspoon of vanilla|
Directions to make Cambodian Glutinous Rice with Egg Custard
- Wash glutinous rice and soak for 3 hours or longer. Then steam in the steamer until it is done set aside. Do check on line how to steam or microwave the sticky rice.
- Whip the eggs first then coconut milk, sugar and salt until dissolve and the liquid is very smooth then use your hand to squeeze the steam pendant leaves with the eggs mixture to give flavor to the custard, threw away the pendant leaves or you can use vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into 4 bowls and steam for 15 minutes or until it is done. Take out let it cool.
- To make coconut cream to drizzle on top
- You should have some coconut milk left
- Put 2 tablespoon of sugar and 1 t of cornstarch in it
- Stir on low heat until thicken. If not thick enough you can add a bit more cornstarch.
To serve put steam glutinous rice on a plate spoon the egg custard on top then drizzle it with coconut cream. You can also it with durian and mango on the side.
Related Recipe: Khmer Grapefruit and Pomelo Salad with Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1633
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 303g 110%
Cholesterol 327mg 109%
Total Fat 32g 41%
Saturated Fat 22g 110%
Dietary Fiber 6g 21%
Protein 33g 66%
Sodium 732mg 32%
Sugars 79g 158%
Share & Print
Next → Kung Pao Chicken Recipe