Chinese Sweet Potato Coconut Huat Kueh
These lovely steaming Chinese Sweet Potato Coconut cakes are literally prosperity cakes or better known as Huat Kueh, with infused coconut flavour. Yes, these steamed cakes look so good and taste even better in purple!
These steamed Chinese Sweet Potato Coconut cakes look so good and taste different from the usual ones. They are made with sweet potato, coconut milk, self-raising flour and sugar.
|100 grams of mashed sweet potato|
|50 grams of Ayam brand coconut oil|
|250 grams of Ayam brand trim coconut milk|
|120 grams of fine sugar|
|250 grams of self-raising flour, sifted|
- Steam sweet potato until soft and mash till smooth.
- Add in egg and coconut oil and mix well.
- Place coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan, stir over low heat till sugar is well dissolved.
- Do not let it boil.
- Pour the coconut mixture into sweet potato mixture and whisk till well combine.
- Sift flour over and fold in till a smooth batter is formed.
- Ladle the batter into cup cases till full.
- Place the cup cases into preheated steamer.
- Cover and steam over high heat for 25 mins.
Related Recipe: Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1524
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 334g 121%
Cholesterol 164mg 55%
Total Fat 7g 9%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Dietary Fiber 8g 29%
Protein 33g 66%
Sodium 142mg 6%
Sugars 126g 252%
← Previous Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams
Next → Biscoff Swirl Cupcakes