Chinese Wonton Soup Recipe
This quick Chinese Wonton Soup Recipe is super simple, loaded with veggies and filled with grounded pork, minced fresh ginger and finely chopped green onion will knock your socks off.
For the wonton
|3/4 lb of ground pork (if you like do half pork half shrimp)|
|1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch|
|2 finely chopped green onion|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon of sesame oil|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|25 wonton wrappers|
|Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to paste refrigerator for at least 1 hour|
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to paste refrigerator for at least 1 hour
For the soup
|1 box (32 oz) chicken broth|
|1 small package of wonton soup|
|1 teaspoon of thinly sliced ginger|
|1 to 2 green onions for garnish|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|1 teaspoon to tablespoon of soy sauce|
|2 small head of baby bok choy cut in to 4 parts|
Directions to make Chinese Wonton Soup Recipe
- 25 wonton wrappers, place 1 spoon of the filling in a wrapper bush edges with beaten egg. And pinch edges to seal, you can also wrap like tortellini as what I did. Repeat the remaining.
- The trick about wonton soup is not to boil the wonton with the soup (the wonton skin will fall apart) or bok choy
- Steam 25 wontons, spray with cooking spray onto the steamer so it won’t stick for 20 minutes, the meat should be done. Take the wontons out and set aside.
- Steam the bok choy for 5 minutes then take it out.
- In a soup pot add chicken broth, wonton soup mix, ginger, sugar, and soy sauce bring to a boil
- Taste and adjust the saltiness to your taste, turn the heat off add green onions.
- When ready to serve put few steam wontons and baby bok choy in a soup bowl pour hot broth enough for 1 serving into the soup bowl.
Note you can add cook Chinese sliced bbq pork, or cook egg noodle to this soup when ready to serve.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Lok Lak Wrap with Flat Bread
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1579
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 256g 93%
Cholesterol 160mg 53%
Total Fat 17g 22%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Dietary Fiber 16g 57%
Protein 100g 200%
Sodium 3916mg 170%
Sugars 13g 26%
Share & Print
← Previous Cambodian Lok Lak Wrap with Flat Bread
Next → Thai Green Curry Recipe