Daikon Beef Stew Recipe
Daikon Beef Stew Recipe is is fantastic with rice or with hot crusty bread. Due to beef is the most expensive meats in Kampuchea Krom our people reserves daikon beef stew for mainly on special occasions. Most Khmer Krom also prefers oxtail over beef chuck for this recipe.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 lb (450 gram) of Beef chuck, cut chunks bite sizes|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon of grounded cinnamon powder|
|6 cups of water|
|1 can (8 oz or 227 gram) of Hunt’s tomato sauce|
|3 Yukon or white potato, peeled and cut chunks bite sizes|
|1 lb (450 gram) of Daikon, peeled and cut chunks bite sizes|
|1 Stalk celery, chopped|
Directions to make Daikon Beef Stew Recipe
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and beef, stirs well.
- Seasoning meat with soy sauce, fish sauce,sugar, salt, black pepper and cinnamon powder, stirs well.
- Add water and tomato sauce, stirs and simmering till beef tender.
- Add potato, daikon, and celery, stirs, covered soup pot with lid, and cook till vegetables tender.
Serve hot with rice or hot crusty Italian or French bread.
Enjoy it with me
Related Recipe: Thai Pork Satay Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 912