Homemade Italian Sausage recipe
Delicious Homemade Italian Sausage are very easy to make and very high in calories. This Khmer recipe is made from ground pork, Spaghetti seasoning, fresh chopped Italian Parsley, toasted funnel seeds and other ingredients. This delicious Cambodian food is traditionally served as breakfast rather than lunch.
|3 lbs of ground pork with 25% fat|
|1 tsp of Spaghetti seasoning (this is from Costco)|
|1 tsp of Italian seasoning|
|2 tps of fresh chopped Italian Parsley|
|3 tsp of dry red wine or red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp of salt|
|1 tsp (optional if you like sweet sausages)|
|1 tsp + 1 1/2 tsp of Paprika|
|1 1/2 tsp of toasted funnel seeds (it is best if you crush it in a mortar and pestle)|
|1 tsp of Cayenne|
|1 tsp of ground Anise|
|3 tsp of minced garlic|
|1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper|
|1 tsp of crush chilies (optional for spicy sausages)|
|1 cup of apple juice|
Directions to make Homemade Italian Sausage recipe
- Sprinkle evenly all the spices over the ground pork, then mix it with your hand till it all well combine.
- Wash and clean the casing very well before stuffing
- Using the Kitchen Aid to stuff your sausages
- Note: You can also add sauté green bell pepper and onion, it tastes a bit different but I like it.
- Chopped 1 green bell pepper and 1 onion
- In a fry pan add 3 T of olive oil over medium heat
- Sauté the bell pepper and onion till soft
- Add to the meat mixture and mix it well with your hand
- Then stuff the mixture into casing.
I fan dry my sausage first before put in the freezer or refrigerator. This recipe gives you about 15 big sausages or 20 small sausages.
Note: you don’t need to stuff the sausage into casing, you can use it as ground sausages for any kind of pasta with my homemade Marinara pasta sauce.
Thank you and enjoy your first time to make Homemade Italian Sausage recipe
Related Recipe: Cambodian Fried Rice with Rainbow Trout
Serving Size: 3
Calories Per Serving: 982