Khmer Stuffed Chicken Legs
This Khmer Stuffed Chicken Legs recipe takes a bit of time to do. Many Khmer Thai cook stuffed chicken in many ways and the filling also difference from region to region. In order to stuff the chicken you need to remove the inside bone by taking a sharp knife and circle around the bone and peel the chicken meat backward until you get the bone out to make a hole inside the chicken leg or wing. You can steam and Pan fry or bake like any chicken.
|12 chicken legs, drumsticks or wings or half legs half wings|
For the filling you need
|2 1/2 cup of ground chicken or Pork, or shrimp|
|1/2 cup of green onion minced|
|1/2 cup of minced carrot|
|1/2 cup of minced dried mushroom (soak wash)|
|1/2 cup of minced onion|
|1/2 cup of minced bamboo shoots|
|1/3 cup of roasted crush peanut (optional)|
|1/4 cup of mix lemongrass paste (optional but Khmer people like it)|
|1 bunch of bean thread noodle (soak wash mince)|
|1 tablespoon of oyster sauce|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar more or less up to you|
|Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl set aside.|
Directions to make Khmer Stuffed Chicken Legs
- Take one piece of chicken leg or wing by packing it down to the bottom. It should make a fat little drumstick or wing.
- To cook stuff chickens it is best if you steam the chicken first for 30 minutes
- In a steamer lay lettuce leave or spray the bottom of the steamer incase it is stick to the pan
- Dust each piece of stuffed chicken (you can dust or steam without dusting) with flour then lay them in the steamer and steam for 30 minutes (repeat the remaining chicken) when it done take it out to cool before you do the next step.
- Next roll them in 2 beaten egg wash, and then in panko bread crumbs slightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- Pan fry until golden brown then take the chicken out lay on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Serve as appetizer or main dish with Thai sweet and chili sauce or sweet fish sauce with lime juice and chilies garlic.
Related Recipe: Stir Fry Pork with Ginger and Chives
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 1486
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 42g 15%
Cholesterol 522mg 174%
Total Fat 78g 100%
Saturated Fat 21g 105%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Protein 147g 294%
Sodium 917mg 40%
Sugars 7g 14%
Share & Print
← Previous Stir Fry Pork with Ginger and Chives