Oxtail and Pineapple Soup
Oxtail and pineapple soup is Khmer ethnic food. It is very easy to make and very delicious. Cambodian people like to cook this food for daily meal in the family.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 cloves garlic, sliced thin|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of Oxtail|
|1 Yellow onion, sliced|
|1 Teaspoon of salt|
|7 Cups of water|
|1/2 Pineapple, cut chunks|
|1 Tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 Tablespoon of sugar|
|2 Stalks green onion, chopped|
|A handful of chopped paddy herbs , and sweet basil leaves|
|2 Hot chili pepper or to your taste, sliced (option)|
Directions to make Oxtail and Pineapple Soup
- Pre-heat a large soup.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil and garlic, saute’ garlic till it turn brown, removed garlic from oil and put it in a small bowl, set a side.
- Put ox tail, yellow onion and salt in with hot oil, stirs well.
- Add water, cook till ox tail tender.
- Add pineapple, cook till water bubbling.
- Seasoning soup with fish sauce and sugar.
- Top with roasted garlic, onion, herbs and hot chili pepper.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Oxtail Basil Stew
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1310