Pork with Taro Root Soup
Taro root and chayote squash soup with pork meat is delicious Khmer country food. Let’s cook this simple Khmer recipe together.
|4 cups of water|
|1/2 lb (255 gram) of pork meat, slice thin|
|1 lb (450 gram) of taro root, peeled and cut bite sizes cubes|
|1 chayote squash, peeled, seeded and cut bite sizes cubes|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|A dash of black pepper|
|2 stalks green onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup of fresh rice paddy herb, chopped|
Directions to make Pork with Taro Root Soup
- Cook water in a soup pot till water bubbling.
- Add pork meat and taro root to boiling water, stirs, cook till meat tender.
- Add squash and cook till squash tender, occasionally removes bubbles that form on top of the stock to prevent cloudy soup.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Top with green onion and rice paddy herb.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: IngredientsWhite Yam with Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 869
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 23g 8%
Cholesterol 124mg 41%
Total Fat 73g 94%
Saturated Fat 26g 130%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Protein 31g 62%
Sodium 4922mg 214%
Sugars 8g 16%