Spicy Fried Oyster Salad
Khmer succulent garlicky oyster salad is absolute delicious. Back home, the poor eat mainly seafood but many prefers snail over oyster. Many Khmer like my grandma are very superstitious that they don’t eat oyster, because they said oyster is one of those creatures that can change sex, one-day male and next day female. They believe that if you eat oyster, it will mess up your motor skills.
|1 dozen oyster|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|A dash of salt|
|1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or to your taste (option)|
|1/2 cup of all purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons of cornstarch|
|1 cups of vegetable oil for deep fry oyster|
|3 cups of chopped lettuce|
|1 cucumber, sliced thin|
Directions to make Spicy Fried Oyster Salad
- Brushed and cleaned oyster shells under water well before open shells, put oyster meat in a bowl.
- Seasoning oyster meat with garlic, salt, red and black pepper(no need for much salt since the oyster is already salty.)
- Put flour and cornstarch in a plastic bag, shake well, add oyster meats in bag, shakes bag gentle.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok on high temperature.
- When oil bubbling hot, drops oyster in hot oil, deep fried oyster in hot oil till it golden brown.
- Removed cooked oyster and put it on a plate covered with paper towel to drain off excessive oil.
- Put lettuce on a plate, and arrange sliced cucumber on top.
- Places fried oyster on top of salad, drizzles with sweet fish sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Related Recipe: Grapefruit Mussel Salad
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 559