Calories in serving110
Vietnamese loves Carambola (star fruit). Star fruit is crisp, juicy , yellowish green fruit that when slices it look like star. It’s very tasty raw or cook. Sliced star fruit with dried shrimp and grilled fish savory with vinaigrette sauce is authentic country recipe from Vietnamese in Vietnam. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Vietnamese people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Star Fruit Salad with me.
|Fillet basa, catfish or salmon||0.25 kg|
|Cup white vinegar||¼|
|Teaspoon fish sauce||½|
|Yellow onion, sliced thin||1|
|oz Large size dried shrimp , soaked in warm water, drained||2|
|Cup chopped mix herbs; cilantro, mint, and sweet basil leaves||1|
|Cup unsalted roasted peanut||½|
|Hot chili pepper, slice (option)||1|
Directions to make Star Fruit Salad
- Boiled or grilled fish till tender. When fish cooked, use fork to breaks fish in to chunks and set a side.
- Trimmed off the greenish off the edge of star fruit tips, sliced thin, removed seeds and set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar with sugar, salt, fish sauce together, mix well, add onion, dried shrimp and star fruit, mix well, add fresh herbs and mix well.
- Put salad on a plate, top with grilled or boiled fish, roasted peanut and chili pepper.
- Serve with rice or as * mahope sar * appetizer.
Enjoy it with me
Related: Squid and Mango Salad
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipe