Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
Palm fruit is a very delicious jelly like fruit which is highly nutritious too. They are seasonal fruits that we find in summer. I have loved them since childhood and have had them in many ways. Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert is delicious and easy to make.
|1 cup of glutinous rice soaked (1 hr) and strained|
|1/2 cup of white tapioca pearl/sago soaked (10 mins) and strained|
|1 tin palm fruit (200 gram), drained and sliced 1 cm thick|
|1 cup of coconut milk/cream|
|1/2 teaspoon of sea salt|
|1/2 cup of palm sugar|
|2 cup of water|
Directions to make Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
- Put water to a medium size pot and bring to boil.
- Add rice and cook for 15 mins over medium heat.
- Next add palm fruit, sugar, salt and half of the coconut. Stir gently over low heat and let it simmer until the rice softens.
- And add sago and stir gently until the sago becomes translucent.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Using a ladle, pour into individual bowls. Finish with 1 tbsp of remaining coconut cream on the top in each bowls.
Serve warm. If left over, keep refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheat in pot.
Related Recipe: Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 488
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 64g 23%
Total Fat 17g 22%
Saturated Fat 13g 65%
Dietary Fiber 2g 7%
Protein 6g 12%
Sodium 493mg 21%
Sugars 8g 16%
Share & Print
← Previous Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll
Next → Grilled Ginger Chicken Wings