Cambodian Fried Lemon Grass Chicken Recipe
he Cambodian Fried Lemongrass Chicken Recipe features a unique and flavorful dish made with chicken thighs, lemongrass, Kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and a combination of seasoning soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. This Cambodian recipe showcases a traditional method that combines ground and diced meats for a rustic and hearty sausage, passed down through generations.
To prepare the Lemongrass Sausage, chicken thighs are cut into small pieces, providing ample fat content for the sausage. In a mortar and pestle, lemongrass, galangal, garlic, and Kaffir lime leaves are pounded into a paste. These aromatic ingredients are then mixed with the meat and other seasoning components in a large bowl, creating a well-blended mixture.
For the sausage stuffing, a Kitchen Aid is recommended for its efficiency, but any clean tube with a larger top can be used if a Kitchen Aid is unavailable. After stuffing the sausages, they are twisted into links and hung under the sun to dry for a day or so. The finished sausages can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
When it comes time to cook, the Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage can be grilled or pan-fried like any other sausage. The versatility of this dish is highlighted as it can be served with any kind of bread or rice, providing a delicious and culturally rich culinary experience. The recipe not only showcases the flavors of Cambodian cuisine but also preserves a traditional method of sausage preparation passed down through Khmer generations.
|6 chicken thighs from Costco
|2 tablespoon of lemongrass thinly sliced
|2 Kaffir lime leaves thinly sliced
|2 sliced of galangal
|4 cloves of garlic
|3 tablespoon of seasoning soy sauce
|2 tablespoon of oyster sauce
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce
|1 tablespoon of sugar
Directions to make Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage Recipe
- Cut meat to small pieces(this is best for all Khmer sausages) Pork belly will give enough fat to the sausage.
- In a mortar and pestle pound the lemongrass, galangal, garlic, and kaffir lime leaves to paste.
- In a big bowl put meat and all the ingredients together mix it well with your hand.
- Use Kitchen Aid to stuff my sausage it is very fast and easy, but if you don’t have one use any kind of clean tube that has a larger top so you can force the sausage into casing, this will take a long time.
- After finish stuffing twist the sausages to a link like what I did in my picture. Hang the sausage under the sun to dry for a day or so, Keep the sausages in the refrigerator or in the freezer for later.
- Grill or pan fries your sausages like any sausages.
Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage serve with any kind of bread or rice.
Thank you and enjoy it
Related Recipe: Cambodian Fried Lemon Grass Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 597