Khmer Chicken Spring Roll
Khmer chicken spring roll is easy to make and absolutely delicious. This recipe is good with grounded turkey or fresh-grounded chicken.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of fresh grounded turkey or chicken|
|1 cup of chopped yellow onion|
|3 cloves of minced garlic|
|2 cups of shredded cabbage|
|1 cup of shredded carrot|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 package, 25 pieces of spring roll shells|
|1 egg, use egg white only|
|6 cups of vegetable oil to fry spring rolls|
Directions to make Khmer Chicken Spring Roll
- In a large bowl, mixed grounded meat with onion, garlic, cabbage and carrot together, add fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper, mixed well and set it aside.
- Gentle pulls out each spring roll shell to separate from other shells.
- Lay one sheet flat on a cutting board or plate, spoons some meat filling and put on 1/3 of the shell.
- Wrap meat filling in spring roll shell, roll it tight and seal the end with egg white. Continue to make spring roll till filling gone.
- If you haven’t made spring roll before, look at the back of the covered spring roll pastry package it has illustrated instruction for you to follow.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok in medium temperature.
- When oil hot, deep fry spring roll till it golden brown.
- Removed spring roll, rest it up right in a colander covered with paper towel to drained excessive oil.
Serve hot with lettuce, mint or mix herbs and sweet fish sauce dipping.
Related Recipe: Khmer Vegetarian Spring Roll
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 304
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 24g 9%
Cholesterol 169mg 56%
Total Fat 9g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
Protein 39g 78%
Sodium 1302mg 57%
Sugars 14g 28%
Share & Print
← Previous Khmer Vegetarian Spring Roll
Next → Khmer Beef Spring Roll