Roasted Duck Noodle Soup
Roasted Duck Noodle Soup is a beloved Sino-Khmer dish featuring delectable egg noodles immersed in a flavorful broth with succulent chunks of roasted duck. To prepare this culinary delight, begin by boiling 8 cups of water and cooking fresh egg noodles until tender. After draining the noodles, set them aside. Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, combine chicken bones, a whole onion, garlic, salt, Maggie chicken bouillon, five spice powder, and water. Allow the mixture to simmer for at least an hour, then remove the chicken bones, onion, and garlic, retaining only the rich broth.
Next, enhance the broth with fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper, keeping it simmering on the stove. In a separate pot, boil 4 cups of water and cook Chinese broccoli for 2 minutes or to your preference. Drain the vegetables and set them aside. When ready to serve, increase the cooking temperature, placing a portion of egg noodles in a bowl. Add roasted duck pieces, boiled Chinese broccoli, green onions, roasted onion, and roasted garlic. Finally, pour the hot soup broth over the ingredients. The result is a steaming bowl of Roasted Duck Noodle Soup, best enjoyed with hoisin sauce and Sambal Olekek chili paste.
This culinary creation harmonizes the textures of tender noodles, savory roasted duck, and crisp Chinese broccoli, all bathed in a seasoned broth. The meticulous preparation process ensures a soup that tantalizes the taste buds, offering a symphony of flavors from the rich broth to the aromatic spices. Whether relished as a comforting meal or shared with friends and family, Roasted Duck Noodle Soup stands as a testament to the fusion of Sino-Khmer culinary traditions, inviting all to savor its delightful complexity. So, immerse yourself in the enjoyment of this hearty dish and savor the culinary craftsmanship that goes into every bowl.
|8 cups of water|
|1 package egg noodles, fresh noodles usually stores in refrigerators at most Asian markets|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of chicken bones|
|1 yellow onion, peeled|
|2 cloves of garlic, peeled|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 cube Maggie chicken bouillon|
|1/4 teaspoon of five spice powder|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of Chinese broccoli, cut off roots, washed and drained|
|1 roast duck, cut chunks bite sizes, roast duck recipe|
|3 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon of roasted onion|
Directions to make Roasted Duck Noodle Soup
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water, stirs and cook till noodle tender( do not over cook). Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinses under cold water and set a side to drain.
- In a large soup pot, put chicken bones with whole onion, garlic, salt,chicken bouillon, all spice powder and water together. Cook in low heat for at least 1 hour, removes chicken bones, onion and garlic from soup broth, keep only broth.
- Seasoning broth with fish sauce, sugar and black pepper, stirs and keep broth simmering on stove.
- Cook 4 cups water in a large pot, add Chinese broccoili to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or to your liking. Pour cooked vegetable in a colanderand set a side to drain.
- Turn up cooking temperature to high when ready to serve. Put some egg noodles in a bowl, add few pieces roasted duck and a stalk boiled Chinese broccoli, add some green onion, roasted onion, roasted garlic and pour hot soup broth over. Serve hot along with hoisin sauce and Sambal Olekek chili paste.
Related Recipe: Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 683