Vietnamese Rice flour Roll Recipe
This Vietnamese Rice flour Roll Recipe is very popular in Vietnam, it is a combination of meat, vegetables, spices covered with thin steamed rice flour wrap. It is quite simple and fun to make it at home, once you master the method.
|1 bag of Banh Coun rice flour mix|
|4 cups of water|
|1 tablespoon of oil|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|Mix the rice flour batter and set aside|
For the filling
|1/2 lb of ground pork or shrimps|
|1 cup of tree ear mushroom soak, wash, minced|
|1/2 white onion minced|
|1/2 cup of minced shallots|
|1/2 cup of minced green onion|
|3 tablespoon of minced garlic|
|1/2 cup of oil to fry the onion, shallots, and green onion, garlic|
Directions to make Vietnamese Rice flour Roll Recipe
- In a fry pan or wok heat ½ cup of oil until hot on medium heat
- Add garlic, shallot, green onion, and white onion fry until all the onion turn golden color
- Drain on a paper towel set aside, take the left over oil out and keep it for stir fry later on
- In the same wok add 1 tablespoon of oil cook ground pork until almost done than add all the fry onion to it, mix well season with salt, sugar to your taste. Turn the heat off set aside the filling.
- In a none stick fry pan (it has to be none stick) add a tablespoon of oil heat until hot on medium heat spoon the batter mix (about ½ cup or less depend on your pan) spread all over the fry pan and cover cook for 3 minutes or until the batter came out without sticking on the fry pan, lay it on the plate and spoon the filling in the middle fold on each side set on a serving plate or platter.
- Repeat the remaining batter and filling until all gone.
Serve Banh Cuon with cucumber, herbs, Vietnamese Ham, sweet Vietnamese fish sauce.
Related Recipe: Easy Baked Kale Chips
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 725
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 136g 49%
Cholesterol 239mg 80%
Total Fat 9g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 28g 56%
Sodium 893mg 39%
Sugars 116g 232%
Share & Print
← Previous Easy Baked Kale Chips