Cambodian Braised Coca Cola Chicken
Cambodian Braised Coca Cola Chicken is one of the most popular dishes in Cambodian. As the name suggest, Coca Cola is used as a base for this super dish. This recipe is easy and very simple you can do with chicken legs, thigh, wing or drumstick all you have to do is add 1 cup of coke to it.
|3 to 4 lbs of chicken wing, leg or drumstick|
|1 to 1 1/2 cups of Coca Cola ( do adjust the Cola for the amount of chicken)|
|1/2 cup of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar (if you like it sweet, optional)|
|1 tablespoon of ginger|
|1 tablespoon of minced garlic|
|Sriracha Chili sauce or crush chili for spicy (optional)|
Directions to make Cambodian Braised Coca Cola Chicken
- In a Ziploc bag marinate the chicken with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic for 1 hour at least or longer.
- In a nonstick fry pan add 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil until hot
- Add chicken and the marinated liquid to pan
- Brown each side of the chicken
- Add coca cola to pan and let it caramelize (on medium low heat) each side until the chicken is cooked through. (turning few time for color) add the chili sauce last.
Serve with steam rice
Related Recipe: Cambodian Beef Sausage
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 934