Grilled Fish with Pickle Fish Sauce
Tirk kreoung pahok is delicious Khmer ethnic food. For most of us, our happy meals sometime just hot spicy grilled fish with pickle fish sauce and a plate full of fresh raw vegetables, and of course plenty of rice.
|1 lb (450 gram) of fillet of catfish, basa or any white meat fish|
|3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup of fresh or frozen fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|3 chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 cup of water|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice|
|1/2 cup of creamy style pickle fish (pahok)|
|A handful of chopped sweet basil leaves|
|1/2 cup of unsalted roasted peanut, crushed|
Directions to make Grilled Fish with Pickle Fish Sauce
- Grilled or boiled fish. When fish cooked, put fish in a large bowl and use a fork to break up fish meat.
- Using mortal and pestles to pounded on garlic, lemon grass and hot chili pepper together, set a side.
- Heat up a small sauce-pan.
- When sauce-pan is hot, add oil, prepared lemon grass mixture and fish, stirs well.
- Add water, sugar, lime juice and creamy picklefish, stirs well and simmering till sauce bubbling, add sweet basil leaves, stirs and remove from heat. Top with peanut before serve.
- Serve hot with rice along with fresh raw vegetables; cabbage, cucumber or my favorite green banana, boiled pka snor and mints.
Related Recipe: Pickle Fish Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 684