Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams
Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams are a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet and creamy coconut broth is perfectly balanced with the spiciness of the Thai red curry paste. The clams are cooked until they are tender and juicy, and the dish is garnished with fresh coriander for a pop of flavor and color.
To make Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams, start by purging the clams in salt water for 1-2 hours. This will help to remove any grit or sand. Once the clams are purged, rinse them well and drain.
Heat some oil in a wok and add the shallots, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger. Sauté until fragrant, then add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, lime juice, and kaffir lime leaves. Bring the mixture to a simmer and season with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
Add the clams to the wok and cover. Cook over high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until most of the clams have opened. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve immediately with steaming hot rice or bread for dipping.
Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams are a tasty and unique dish that is sure to please your guests. They are also very healthy, as clams are a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. If you are looking for a delicious and healthy meal, give Thai Red Curry Coconut Clams a try!
|1 kilograms of clams
|12 cherry tomatoes, halved
|2 tablespoons of oil
|3 shallots, sliced
|3 garlic, minced
|1 stalk of lemongrass, minced
|1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
|4 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
|250 millilitres of chicken stock
|250 millilitres of Ayam brand coconut milk
|1/4 cup of lime juice
|3 kaffir lime leaves
|1 teaspoon of sugar
|salt & pepper to taste
|handful of chopped coriander
- Submerge the clams in a pot of salt water for 1-2 hours to allow it to purge out any residues.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Heat oil in wok. Add shallots, garlic, lemongrass and ginger, saute till fragrant.
- Add in curry paste and fry for 1 min.
- Add in stock, coconut milk, lime juice and lime leaves.
- Bring to a simmer. Add sugar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Add in clams and mix well.
- Cover wok and cook over high heat for 5-7 mins or until most of the clams have opened.
- Stir in chopped coriander and dish up.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with steaming hot rice or bread for dipping.
Related Recipe: Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 823