Malabar Spinach Soup with Pork
Delicious mabalar spinach (also knowns as spinach thick leaf)soup with sweet potato and grounded pork is popular country food from Khmer country side. Let’s start making Malabar Spinach Soup with Pork with me.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 teaspoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 Stalk green onion, minced|
|4 cups of water|
|2 cups of cubes sweet potato(already peeled and cut to bite sizes)|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of Mabalar spinach, pick out leaves, washed and chopped an inch in length|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|2 Stalks green onion, chopped|
Directions to make Malabar Spinach Soup with Pork
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper and onion, set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot, cook till water bubbling.
- Take a spoon to scoops some prepared grounded pork, drop meat in boiling water, continue to meat gone, cook till meat tender.
- Add sweet potato, cook till sweet potato tender.
- Add spinach thick leaf, stirs, cook till water bubbling again.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and salt.
- Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Related: Bamboo Shoots Soup with Pork
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 786