Oxtail Cabbage Soup
Delicious Oxtail Cabbage Soup is simple and easy to make at home. This soup is mainly made from Oxtail and cabbage and it is very common in Cambodian – it’s a little similar to a Vietnamese beef soup.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of Oxtail|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|8 cups of water|
|1/2 head of cabbage, cut to bite sizes|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/2 cup of chopped green onion and cilantro|
Directions to make Oxtail Cabbage Soup
- Put oxtail, onion and water in a large soup pot, cook with high temperature till water boiling.
- Covered soup pot with lid, simmering till oxtail tender (approx 2 hours).
- Removed lid, add cabbage, stirs, increased cooking temperature to high, cook till soup bubbling.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
- Top with green onion and cilantro.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Pumpkin Beef Shank Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 741
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 42g 15%
Cholesterol 248mg 83%
Total Fat 30g 38%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Dietary Fiber 13g 46%
Protein 78g 156%
Sodium 3931mg 171%
Sugars 25g 50%
← Previous Pumpkin Beef Shank Soup
Next → Oxtail Basil Stew