Special Grilled Stuffed Chicken Wings
Special grilled stuffed chicken wings is a very well respected Cambodian appetizer and traditional dish due to the art of de-boning the chicken. Its authentic marinade and preparation are uniquely Khmer. A bite that will make you drool for the next!.
|10 chicken drumsticks or wings (900 gram)|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of pork or chicken mince|
|2 cup of bean thread noodle soaked in warm water and chopped|
|1 cup of fresh or frozen lemongrass minced|
|4 slices of fresh galangal root chopped finely|
|6 garlic cloves chopped finely|
|3 chili peppers chopped|
|1 small brown onion diced|
|1 teaspoon of Kampot black pepper|
|1 teaspoon of brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of soy sauce|
Directions to make Special Grilled Stuffed Chicken Wings
- Using a small and very sharp paring knife cut around the chicken bone. Ease the flesh away from the bone and push the skin and flesh down to expose the bone. Carefully twist each bone out to break it. Continue for the remaining chicken drumsticks/wings.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound to a paste: garlic, lemongrass, galangal and chili.
- Preheat BBQ or grill.
- Add to a large mixing bowl, the freshly made paste, minced meat, bean thread noodle, onion, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and mix well.
- Fill each boneless chicken with the mix.
- Finally, grill chicken on medium heat until meat become good cooked.
- Serve hot with Cambodian pickle.
- Can freeze stuffed chicken for up to 1 week.
- It can bake in oven.
Related Recipe: Special Cambodia Red Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 744